Forget Those Things Which Are Behind! (Philippians 3:13)

God’s Word To You: “I’m Going To Do Something New!” (Isaiah 43:19)

God has great plans for your future, but your past can delay them if you constantly dwell in the past! If your mind dwells/lives in the past, it comes at the expense of today’s blessings. In the scripture above Paul teaches us to, “Forget those things which are behind.” Forgetting doesn’t mean we wipe out our memories. It means we make a conscious decision not to let our attention be absorbed by our past and hinder progress. Corrie ten Boom wrote, “Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” We must let go of the power that the past holds on us, let go of the past hurts, defeats, embarrassments, mistakes and even accomplishments. Make the choice to move forward and trust although you may not be able to see it now, God is working behind the scenes on your behalf, because He has a better future in store for you! (Jeremiah 29:11)

God’s Word To You: “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands!” (Isaiah 43:18-19 MSG)

Pray this prayer with me: Father, I choose to forget the past today. I don't want anything to hold me back from what You have prepared for me. I choose to forgive and ask that You help me press forward in every area of my life! I humbly pray, in Jesus' name, amen. Have a great day! Never forget, in all circumstances, God loves you and you are extremely valuable and important in God’s eyes! In His service, Jacob...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Is A Blessing In Your Pressing!

All Of The Glory, Honor & Praise Belongs To You Alone God—You Deserve It! (Is. 42:8)

”I will go before you and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel!" (Isaiah 45:2-3) ~ GOD